Friday, February 8, 2008

Jihadomerate

Following a story by the NYT in one of my previous posts about a 21-year old in North Carolina, I found a really interesting website called The Ignored Puzzle Pieces of Knowledge thats main purpose is to expose readers to the happenings in the lands of jihad. I did not find a specific affiliation for this website, from what I understand it is basically just trying to expose all us "hypocrites and infidels." The story on the main page was very interesting to me. They talk about how the U.S. got all bent out of shape over an Al-Qaeda video of a young boy with lots of guns dressed as Mujaahideen. They call us hypocrites by displaying a picture of a row of American boys holding and aiming rifles. Sure, in boy scouts I learned how to shoot and was extremely happy when one of my leaders had an automatic rifle for us to play with, but I think they are comparing apples and oranges. I believe that the firearm education and exposure are meant to ultimately lead to different ends.

No comments: